Georgia Hope Grant Requirements Overview
Georgia’s HOPE Grant is available to residents of Georgia who are attending eligible colleges or universities in Georgia to earn a certificate or diploma regardless of high school graduation date or grade point average (GPA). However, continuing education programs are not eligible. Beginning in the Fall 2011, the HOPE Grant Award Amount will cover a portion of a student’s tuition.
Full-time enrollment is not required, but you must be making satisfactory academic progress to maintain eligibility.
Award Amounts for Fall Term 2011 and Beyond
Students that qualify will receive the HOPE Grant Award (see amounts).
A HOPE Grant recipient is ineligible for the grant if the student has:
- Received HOPE Grant payment for more than 63 semester or 95 quarter hours; or
- Received payment from any combination of HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Scholarship, HOPE Grant, and, through Summer term 2011, Accel Program funds totaling 127 semester (190 quarter) hours of credit, or
- Dual Credit Enrollment hours for which a high school student received HOPE Grant payment are not included in these totals.
- Earned a baccalaureate degree.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
By using your GAcollege411 account and accessing the FAFSA application from GAcollege411, you can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete this form.
- If you just want to apply for the HOPE Grant by:
- electronic application at GAcollege411.
- printable paper application.
You must file an application by the last day of classes or exams in order to receive HOPE funds for that semester or quarter.
Where to Go for Help
If you need help filling out an application or have other questions relating to the HOPE Grant, contact the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend, talk with your high school counselor, or contact the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC).
You can contact the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) by:
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-505-GSFC (4732)
In Metro Atlanta: (770) 724-9000
A representative is available Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.